We Supply The Following Schools
- Aggeneys International Academy
- Bloubergrandt High School
- Blouberg Ridge Primary School
- Camps Bay High & Junior
- CBC St Johns
- Collegio Jopera (Angola)
- Elkanah House
- Melkbos Private School
- Melkbosstrand High School
- Oakley House
- Parklands College
- St. Cyprian Girls’ School
- Sunningdale Primary
- Sweet Valley Primary
- Tamboerskloof Primary
As well as
- Drakes Pride – Ladies Bowls Wear
- General Promotional Clothing
- On Course Pro-Shops (Clovelly, Metropolitan, Milnerton, Westlake, George, Knysna, Southbroom, Paarl, Robertson, Rondebosch, Mossel Bay)
- Pro-Shop Group (More Golf)
How We Started
- 1986 Graduated with a post graduate degree in music and teaching at UCT , but I always had a love for fashion and sewing clothes since I was in my teens
- 1988 Studied pattern-making and design part-time whilst teaching music . There was a gap in the market for ladies tennis wear which at that time was plain white and very boring. I started designing and manufacturing ladies sportswear under the ARC SPORTSWEAR label from home with the assistance of a part time machinist
- 1989 First retail customer was Logans (Sportsman`s Warehouse), supplying their 2 stores with a range of ladies tennis clothing. Thereafter supplied several small retail outlets and schools throughout the country
- 2001 Moved to first premises in Killarney Gardens when we grew too large to be accommodated at my home workshop… The Shop is now accommodated at these premises
- 2003 Moved to second premises where the factory is situated
- 2003 to date: Expanded clothing range to include sport, bowls and general promotional clothing, designing ranges for numerous Western Cape and local club sports teams
What I Am Most Proud Of
- Many staff have been with ARC for over 10 years, our longest serving person has completed 20 years. We have grown to a fabulous team of 21 in the school uniform shop and clothing factory.
- I have always been involved with the designing of ranges, sourcing of fabrics and trims, general running of the production and have been able to maintain our high standards of design and quality.
- Our customer service ethos and relationships – we have a long-established association with most customers, some for over 20 years that we still supply to this day.
- Loyalty to our suppliers including a close relationship with a couple of small and expert CMT’s and textile companies.
- Numerous schools and sports teams have invited me to redesign their clothing to bring it up to date in style and the use of modern and comfortable fabrics.
- Consistent high quality standards
- Understanding and providing for the needs of the customer